Saturday, April 07, 2007

Last Long Run

Today was my last long run before the marathon. The training plan was to go to Boston & run 8 miles on an out and back from Fitcorp. Many people on the team weren't going in because it was only 8 miles and no one really wanted to wake up early to do just 8 miles. Sarah and I were still planning to head in. That is until last night when I decided it would be a good idea to stay up until 2:30am. I watched The Prestige with Dave and then I just couldn't fall asleep. So at 6:30am today I sent Sarah a text letter her know I wasn't going to Boston today. She didn't seem to mind - hopefully she got some extra sleep too!

So today I went out solo after the weather warmed up a bit. It was around 45 and very sunny, but with a cold breeze that came up every so often. I probably could have worn shorts, but I went for pants and a light long sleeve shirt. The run was pretty good all in all. It was weird to do a long run without someone to chat with, but it was nice because it gave me a chance to think about the marathon, my form and just mentally prepare a little bit. I am going to give this a shot on each of my upcoming runs.

The fun part of today's run was that I passed this couple and then ended up with them following me for the next 3 or so miles. All I could think about was fending them off! I swear I kept telling myself it was a training run not a race, but I just couldn't help it. I ended up doing 9.63 miles according to the Garmin.

So that's it. Now it's time to just mentally prepare. All the physical work is done. The next 9 days are going to be all about mental preparation, cleaning up my place for my family, working out last minute plans for marathon weekend and last, but certainly not least relaxing!

Just 9 days left! And 6 days until my family gets here! Yay!

Weather Forecast (Boston) As Of Today
weather.com: Partly Cloudy, High 49, Low 40
accuweather.com: Windy & Rainy w/Snow in PM, High 45, Low 37

No comments: