Saturday, November 03, 2007

TGIF - Happy PT Friday

I can run! I can run! I can run!

I got permission to do the elliptical on Thursday. I had to do something. So I did that for 20 minutes on Thursday night. I'm impressed I made it that long. That thing (the elliptical) is the most boring thing ever. Anyway... I woke up Friday and felt incredible! I had no pain at all. It was great. So I headed for PT Friday after work to deliver the good news.

My PT was psyched for me and said it wouldn't be much longer until I was back. PT was great and I did all of my exercises with no pain and I was feeling really strong. I love the weight lifting part of PT. I've learned so much in just a week and a half. The best part of PT came at the end.
Me: Can I run this weekend? *hopeful smile*
PT Tech: I'll ask the PT when I call him.
Me: Thanks.
PT Tech: Can Janette run this weekend?...OK. ... OK. ... Got it. ... Yes, I'm writing it down. ... OK. ... Bye.
PT Tech: OK. The PT said you can run.
Me: Awesome. Thanks!! *illuminating smile*
PT Tech: But... You have to do 6 minutes on the elliptical, then do your stretches, then do 6 more minutes on the elliptical and then you can run for 10 minutes only. And you have to run somewhere soft. So if you're outside run on a field, if your inside run on the treadmill.
Me: I can run. This is awesome.
PT Tech: Yes, but remember to do 6 minutes on the elliptical, stretch, 6 more minutes on the elliptical, and then you can run for 10 minutes only. *she puts more emphasis on the 10 minutes this time as if I don't hear her*
Me: Yes, yes, 10 minutes. I got it. I'll keep it to 10 minutes - that's better than zero minutes.
PT Tech: OK, go have a good run this weekend. *smiles hoping I keep it to only 10 minutes*

Wahoo!!! I am incredibly happy! I'm going to make these 10 minutes count!

No comments: