Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Another 10.5 in the Books

On Saturday, I finished another 10.5 miles with Team BMC. The sun was shining, which created a nice "hot" winter day - if you exclude the sheets of ice that still blanketed the sidewalks.

I wasn't really looking forward to this run when I first woke up. I had new shoes - same brand, different style - that I was hesitant about and I was afraid they wouldn't work. I also just didn't feel in the mood to wake up. Even though I wasn't excited before hand, I couldn't have been happier when it was finished. I ran an 8:37 min./mi. pace. My fastest so far on a long run! It felt good to run fast (no knee, or foot pain!), but it got me thinking whether or not I could have lasted an entire marathon at that pace. Part of me really wants to see how fast I can run on April 16th, but the another part of me - and probably the one I should listen to - says to forget about time and pace and just run to finish. But then again... do I really want to just play it safe? Ah... decisions! I hate them! Help!


54 days!!

No comments: