Saturday, February 03, 2007

Ice & The Pessimists


I hate to say this, but this Saturday's run was warm. That's right it was somewhere around 30 degrees with wind of of the west (a.k.a. directly at my back - thank goodness!) and sunny! Now that makes for a great day of winter running. The only bad thing was the amount of ice that was on the sidewalks.

After we all got off the "T" in Woodland for our 10.5 miles, we were forced out into the road to dodge traffic because the sidewalks were just way to slippery to run on. There was one point, when Sarah, Kevin and I were crossing on a median and all three of us went for a little skating lesson across it. We just had to hold on. Luckily we made it and no one fell! Actually, Sarah and I ran our fastest pace of training - go us!

Good news about today's run (in addition to lightning speed), was that my swollen toe did not bother me at all. Not during the run and not after. The other good thing (yes, there is more) was that the knee pain I've had has decreased drastically. They get slightly tight during the runs, but nothing bad at all. Today after the run, they didn't bother me at all!

So to those people, The Pessimists, who told me "Oh, if you're having knee pain after 12 miles, how are you ever going to make it for 26.2?" All I have to say is... training, practice, strengthening and stretching. I will make it 26.2. Just wait and see. Anyone else have anything to say?

No comments: