Friday, March 30, 2007

Latest News from the Training Front

Entrants Update. There are 23,737 runners registered for the 111th Boston marathon. Unfortunately, none of those entries are for Dick & Rick Hoyt of Team Hoyt. Rick had to have surgery on his hip and will not be recovered in time for the marathon (Boston Herald Article 3.28.07). They are such an inspiration. It will be sad to not be able to pass (or be passed by) them. I hope Rick gets well soon! You can see a great video of them on Sarah's blog.

My Feet. I bought new shoes and they fit great! I hadn't had any problems and all was well with my feet. Until the other day... . First, I took off my right sock - the foot with the already missing toe nail. I had a big blister on that same toe. How is that possible? Oh well... just a blister. I can barely feel pain in that toe anyway. Next I took off the left sock. My middle toe nail looked a funny pale yellowish color - not good. I thought maybe I had just left my polish on too long and maybe it was stained. Unfortunately, this was not the case. I looked a little closer at the nail and gave it a little wiggle. That's when I realized; my toe nail is ready to fall off. Goodbye toe nail number two. It's been fun. I promise my feet they'll be getting pedicured after this is all over. Until then, I ask that my toe nails please try to stay attached.

My Injuries. I'm still having a lot of hip pain on my shorter runs. This is really annoying because I get discouraged early and don't think I can finish. The massage guy told me to ice and foam roller it. I hope it works itself out with these methods. If it's not better by Monday, I'll be calling the massage guy back to see what we should do next.

12 miles tomorrow and only 16 days left! 6 more days until I can see the 10 day forecast on weather.com!

No comments: