Monday, September 24, 2007

Comeback Kid

I'm back... again. So it's been a full summer off from blogging, but not running. I did stop training for the Mohawk Hudson Marathon in light of a foot injury due to my crazy hips. I switched my training to the BAA Half Marathon which is on October 7th. Everything went well except for a few glitches here and there with my hips, but all in all I got all my workouts in and did well in almost all of them. So I guess this is my Paula Radcliffe comeback except I'm not as famous and I'm not getting nearly as much publicity.

I've taken up a yoga practice and will be starting a yoga teacher training in November with Finding Inner Peace. My little sister and I are contemplating a marathon in March. I want to wait and see how this half goes first. I think that will give me some time to evaluate where I am and where I want to be and also to figure out how much time I can devote to marathon training. I really would look forward to the increased mileage though. I am also looking forward to running in the cooler weather. I know, I know... in winter I want warmer weather, in summer I want cooler weather. Hey, I'm a woman, my mind is constantly changing!

Yesterday I ran the Marshall Degan Road Race in Quincy, Massachusetts and was the first woman overall, first in my age group, and got a new 5K PR. I was so excited because this was my first overall win. I hope there will be many more to come with even faster times.

Today was a rest day so I took a 7:30 yoga class at Healing Tree Yoga & Wellness Center. I'm journalling too so I got in a little bit of that before class which was nice. Tomorrow I have a speedworkout planned so I'm going to get to bed early so that maybe I can get to work early and out a little early (fingers crossed). I may see if I can change my work hours now that winter is coming and it will be darker. I don't want to run after work in the dark for too long.

No comments: