Thursday, October 11, 2007

Fall Moves to Massachusetts


Fall has finally moved in. Temperatures this week have been in the high 50s to low 60s with light drizzle and periods of heavy rain. We really need the rain here in Massachusetts and we've been lucky enough to have the heaviest of it coming at night.

Fall makes for great running weather, but I've been focused on getting a good recovery from the BAA Half Marathon. I didn't have much soreness afterward - a tight right hip and tight left quad - but I wanted to make sure I recovered properly. I took Monday and Tuesday off from everything, which left me a bit stir crazy.

Monday, Sarah and I went to watch the Tufts 10K, which Deena Kastor won. It was an amazing race and she had a commanding lead through it all. We even saw Stephanie, who we ran Boston with, finishing the race! Tuesday, I was back to work (we were off Monday for Columbus Day), which meant I was home around 5:00pm. Now, I go to bed sometimes between 10:00pm and 12:00am depending on what stupid activities I can needless stay awake doing. (Doesn't it ever amaze you how you can be reading posts on Runner's World and all of a sudden it's 11:30pm and you have to wake up in 6 hours? Maybe that's just me.) So Tuesday night I had a lot of time to kill. Understand that I am not domestic and don't like anything associated with it - cooking, cleaning, whatever... - well Tuesday night I cleaned for about 4 hours. My entire apartment top to bottom. I'm happy that it's clean now, but seriously... does it take recovery from a big race for me to clean?

Wednesday I was back to running. It was a really gloomy, misty, 60 degree day, but I put my running gear on and headed out. I did just over 4 miles and it felt so great to be outside and running. The weather was awesome. I did a new route, which is definitely a new favorite.

I am so happy to be back in action after the BAA Half Marathon. Running is my addiction and I'm tapping the vein for some more of it! Now, if the rain will move out and the fall temperatures will stay, I might just be the happiest girl in all the world!

No comments: