Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Coffee & PT

I haven't written in over a week because life has been just more of the same. Physical therapy on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. Running on my 20 minutes on off days from PT. So I really haven't had much to say, until today...

I ran on the treadmill at lunch today for my 20 minutes. About about 10 minutes I started smelling coffee. I knew I couldn't be sweating out coffee because I haven't had it in a few days and it was a really strong smell - like a Folgers-waking-you-up-in-the-morning kind of smell. My gym has a juice bar (a.k.a. I'm a big muscle man and on top of the 'roids I'm already doing I drink the Super Whey Protein Muscle Man drink while I sit at the bar in my teeny tiny t-shirt that I had to have someone paint on me this morning just so girls will look at me) so I assumed that they were making a fresh pot of coffee as part of the gyms member appreciation week. A couple more minutes pass by and I catch a glimpse of the girl next to me. She had started on the treadmill oh just a couple minutes ago... let's say about 10 minutes into my run. Do you get what I'm hinting at here? Yes! She was drinking coffee while walking on the treadmill. If anyone can explain this to me, please do so. I am baffled.

So PT... . Tonight I did a strength test to see how my leg was doing. I did a few different weight strength tests and then some elliptical, stairmaster and backwards running on the treadmill. I was beat after all the cardio stuff, but I felt like I should have done more to really max out the weight. The PT says I'm just about done. Tomorrow morning I go in to talk to him about what, if anything, I have left to do at PT and what I can do as far as running goes. I'm looking at this as good news that hopefully I'll be back into a more solid running schedule with some more miles - more outdoor miles, hopefully - and then eventually back into racing.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Glad you are feeling stronger!! You'll have to teach me some of those calf strengthening moves so we aren't both hobbling through training this spring :)

And yes, coffee while on the treadmill is very strange! Was it at least an iced coffee? I couldn't imagine hot coffee...yuck!

Janette said...

I'll definitely teach you some moves! I'm up to a 30 minute long run today - wahoo!!

And the coffee... yeah, it was hot coffee!