Sunday, November 04, 2007

My 10 Minutes of Running

I did it today. I ran for 10 minutes. And yes, I did the 6 minutes on the elliptical, my stretches, and 6 more minutes before I started running, just like my PT said.

It was a beautiful day outside - 56 degrees, sunny - and yet I was inside... on the treadmill. It was painful to be there. I haven't been on a treadmill in about nine months. There was a girl on my right, who I actually thought looked like a runner and then I was thinking of the Pearl Izumi® ads and according the them, a runner would never be inside on a treadmill. Then I was afraid that everyone would think I was less of a runner because I was inside. Maybe she is rehabbing an injury too. I never really thought of it before, but at the gym on the treadmill I ran with people so it was hard for me not to go fast and get competitive. But I made it through and those 10 minutes were the fastest 10 minutes of my life.

I iced when I got home and tomorrow I'll go to PT. I'll let them know how great I feel and my fingers are crossed that I'll be released to add on more time to my 10 minute run.

No comments: