Saturday, April 21, 2007

Thank You...

As in any good book, I need to thank people that made my 2007 Boston Marathon possible...

Mom & Lou. Thank you for supporting this crazy endeavor and for your long trip out here. I really enjoyed the visit and I'm so happy you both could come out!

Amy. Thank you for taking an unpaid day off to watch me run the marathon. I really appreciate it. And thank you for everything else you've done for me over the past 6 months. I could never thank you enough.

Heather. Thanks for being my virtual training partner in the beginning. It was great getting those messages that you had ran and it motivated me to get out there and do the same or more than you. And thanks for joining me on that 10 mile run! It seemed so far...

Michael. Thanks for coming out to Boston to watch me run the marathon. I really appreciated you coming out and I hope you had fun. Massachusetts has a lot of good colleges so keep it in mind!

Dave. Thank you for always pushing me and never letting me give up even if it meant being a jerk. I need that sometimes. You motivated me to go the extra distance and for that I thank you. And I can't forget to thank you for all those Saturday's that I came home after the morning run and talked your ear off for hours on end. Even if you weren't listening - thank you!

Steve. I don't know that I ever would have run a marathon if you hadn't gotten me started with that first 5K last May. I can't believe I went from 5K to marathon in 11 months. Thanks for being my coach for this first marathon experience of many.

Sarah. I am so thankful that we have the same pace! Thank you for running with me all those Saturday mornings. I had so much fun chatting with you and I don't think I would have finished a lot of those runs without your support next to me. I hope we have many more runs and races in front of us!

Steph.
Thanks for joining Sarah and I on the long runs! It was a pleasure to run with you and a great motivation to here about how you were running in your mom's memory. She was definitely out there watching you Monday and I'm sure she helped you through all those miles. Maybe that's why you could finish with a fracture in your foot!

The Boys: John, Jeff & Kevin. Thanks for being such a great group of guys to run with on Saturday! I had so much fun meeting you all and I hope that we will all get together in the future!

Tricia & Kathleen. Thank you for decorating my desk! I was so surprised when I got to work on Wednesday! It brought a huge smile to my face!

Boston Medical Center. I'd like to thank BMC because without them I never would have run a marathon. Thank you for accepting my application. Also, thank you for all the wonderful programs you have and all the great things you do for the community. Your motto, "exceptional care, without exception" should be adopted my everyone.

Boston Athletic Association. Thank you to the BAA for allowing charity runners to run in the Boston Marathon. I understand it is a highly debated topic amongst Boston Marathon runners - especially on the Runner's World message boards, but to allow us to run means millions of dollars for Boston charities.

All donors. Thank you to everyone who donated. This was an amazing experience for me and you all made it possible. You helped raise over $200,000 for Boston Medical Center!

My Legs, Brain & Heart. Thanks for getting me across the finish line.

If I didn't mention your name, I apologize and thank you!

No comments: